Upon opening your share savings account with your $5 deposit, you become a member and an owner of the credit union. Your membership provides you access to all of the convenient and rewarding benefits that North Star Community Credit Union has to offer. North Star values every single one of our Members.
Dividends on savings accounts are paid monthly based on the average daily balance for each account.
North Star members will enjoy these free benefits on all of our savings accounts:
Check out all of the North Star account options today!
Gold Star account holders enjoy a premium dividend paid based off of the balance held in their account. Dividends are paid monthly on the entire balance held in the account.
Additional Gold Star Savings benefits include:
Additional Savings benefits include:
- No monthly fees
- $5 minimum balance
- Quarterly dividends
- Makes Cent$ Program – You can opt to automatically round up your purchase and transfer the cents into an eligible account.
A Certificate of Deposit (CD) account is an investment option that helps you grow your money at a higher rate than a regular savings account through higher dividends paid. Most of our CD accounts only require a minimum $500 deposit and we offer terms limits ranging from 3 to 60 months.
North Star CD benefits include:
- Low minimum deposit required
- Dividends paid semi-annually or upon maturity
- Risk-Free investment
- Many term options
- Burial CD accounts available
- Individual branch Pee Wee Penguin activities
- Invites to Youth Week activities
- Pee Wee Penguin Newsletter & branch newsletters
- Quarterly drawing (minimum $5 deposit into eligible account)
Are you looking for a resource to help you budget and save? The Christmas Club is the answer for you. You can use this account to assist you with budgeting for holiday spending, property taxes or homeowner’s insurance to just name a few.
Here’s how the Christmas Club works:
- No minimum balance
- Dividends paid annually on the average daily balance as of Oct 31st
- Withdrawals available November 1st